Job Title: Vehicle Electrician
Location: Beverley, East Riding
Compensation: £28,924 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50438
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Electrician at our Normandy Barracks, Leconfield site.
As a Vehicle Electrician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be responsible for the inspection, servicing, repair and overhaul of vehicles, assemblies, electrical and general equipment including diagnostic and inspection duties.
Day to day, you'll be working within a large team to repair and maintain any electrical equipment within Armoured Vehicles, liaise with various departments and troubleshoot any issues.
- Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the job card in accordance with the customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, processes and technical publications.
- Diagnostic, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line skills & competency.
- Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete the job is submitted daily to the department / section Supervisor.
- Creation of job cards and demanding material where the relevant ERP (Baan) training has been completed.
Essential experience of the Vehicle Electrician:
- RQF L3 in an Engineering discipline, with recent and significant demonstrable experience in an Electrical / Electronic environment OR
- RQF L2 qualification in an Electrical discipline, with recent and significant demonstrable experience in an Electronic / Electrical environment.
Qualifications for the Vehicle Electrician:
- RQF L3 qualification in a relevant Engineering specialisation or
- Class 1 REME Tech Elec (or VE trade)
This role is full time and based on site at Leconfield.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- All personal tooling provided including toolboxes
- All special tooling provided
- All personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Tea & Coffee provided
- Recognition by 'Ovation' linked to our principles
- Employee referral programme benefits
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 08/12/23